Kerrville Serious Injury Lawyer Fights for Victims
Kerr County, TX Personal injury trial lawyer pursues full compensation
Victims of every type of negligent personal injury deserve full compensation for their losses. But victims who suffer Serious injuries have a more urgent need to maximize their recovery, because their financial future is much more dependent on their damage award or settlement. If you or a loved one has suffered a Serious injury, you must choose your legal representation very carefully. When you come to the Law Firm of Richard L. Ellison, P.C., you get experience you won’t find elsewhere. You can trust I have the knowledge, skill, experience, and determination to deliver the positive results you need.
Defining Serious injury in Texas negligence cases
A serious injury changes the victim’s life forever and cries out for justice. Victims may experience permanent disability, chronic debilitating pain, or disfigurement. Types of serious injuries include:
- Amputation — The loss of a limb is a permanently disabling injury. Although prosthetics have improved greatly in recent years, even the best artificial limb is a poor substitute for the real thing.
- Burns — Scars from severe burns are disfiguring, and they also cause the loss of an essential function of the skin, which is to protect the body from infection.
- Crush injuries — Bones and internal organs that have been crushed may never fully recover, so the victim loses much or all use of the crushed body part.
- Spinal cord injury — Depending on the severity and location of spinal trauma, victims can lose partial or complete use of their limbs and the vital function of internal organs such as bladder and bowels. Renal failure is also common in cases of paraplegia and quadriplegia.
- Traumatic brain injury — A heavy blow to the head, severe shaking, or penetration of the skull by a foreign object can cause destruction of brain tissue and permanent impairment. Results may include loss of cognitive function, loss of neuro-muscular control, speech difficulties, mood swings, depression and other emotional problems.
Of course, the most tragic result of an accident is a wrongful death, where the victim is taken permanently from his or her family.
Maximizing your recovery for a serious injury in Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Kerr and Gillespie Counties
Personal injury law imposes costs on wrongdoers when their careless, reckless or deliberate acts or omissions cause harm to innocent people. In personal injury cases, the court can order a defendant to pay compensation for the victim’s losses, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Physical pain
- Mental suffering
When the injury is permanent and disabling, the victim can also claim these losses:
- Future medical expenses
- Future lost income
- Future costs of homecare
- Costs to modify a home and/or to accommodate a disability
- Costs of medical devices
- Future pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
But getting an award or settlement that covers these additional claims can be difficult. With so much riding on your personal injury recovery, you should only trust your case to a lawyer who is proven to deliver results. I am a board-certified personal injury trial lawyer with a 40-year record of success, and I’m ready to fight for you.
Injury can come at any time from a car accident, truck crash, motorcycle accident or other negligence. When it does it is important for you to act right away to collect maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact a board-certified trial lawyer for your serious personal injury case in Kerrville
If your personal injury is permanent and disabling, you deserve a lifetime of compensation. At the Law Firm of Richard L. Ellison, P.C., I fight to deliver the maximum possible recovery for my clients by settlement or jury verdict. To schedule an appointment in my Kerrville office, call 830-955-8168 or contact me online.