Go to main navigation
500 Main St, Suite J, Kerrville, TX 78028

Established Kerrville Attorney Delivers Seasoned Counsel for Texas Hill Country Clients

Dedicated advocacy in civil litigation, criminal defense, personal injury and bankruptcy cases

No matter what kind of legal problem you face, the trustworthy counsel of an experienced attorney is an invaluable asset. At the Law Firm of Richard L. Ellison, P.C., I draw upon more than 40 years of experience representing people in Kerrville and the surrounding areas in criminal, civil, personal injury and bankruptcy cases. I am board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Trial Law and Criminal Law, I am proud to offer my clients the best of both worlds: big-firm experience delivered with small-firm dedication.

Highly experienced attorney working to meet the needs of clients

I am committed to fighting for my clients and getting them justice. Whether I am defending you on criminal charges, litigating a civil matter, or seeking full and fair compensation in a personal injury case, I treat your legal matter as a top priority. When preparing and handling your case, you can expect me to be:

  • Decisive. I have a long history of proven results both in and out of the courtroom. That experience translates into a zealous protection of your legal rights and an aggressive approach to fighting for your best interests.
  • Formidable. I have worked on all types of criminal and civil cases, so I know the law, procedures and courtroom personnel as well as the legal strategies necessary to get results.
  • Thorough. Throughout every stage of your case, whether in the criminal justice or civil justice system, I work diligently to help you achieve the most positive results possible.

I regularly represent clients in the 216th Judicial District (Kerr and Gillespie counties) and the 198th Judicial District (Kerr and Bandera counties) and the 452nd Judicial District (Kimble, Mason, Menard, McCulloch and Edwards counties).

Board certified in civil trial law and criminal law

As a board-certified attorney in civil trial law and criminal law, I am pleased to provide clients a breadth and depth of legal skill recognized by the State Bar of Texas. According to the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, “Board Certification is a mark of excellence and a distinguishing accomplishment. Within the Texas legal community, Board Certification means an attorney has substantial, relevant experience in a select field of law, as well as demonstrated, and tested, special competence in that area of law.” I put that experience and competence to use while representing clients in a variety of matters, including:

  • Criminal defense. I vigorously defend clients in all types of criminal cases, including DUI, DWI, drug charges, assault and battery, sexual assault, murder, theft crimes, weapons charges and probation violations.
  • Civil litigation. I aggressively represent individuals and businesses in contract disputes, property disputes, employment disputes and a variety of other types of civil litigation.
  • Personal injury. I seek justice and compensation for those who have suffered serious injuries in auto accidents or oil field accidents or through the negligence or actions of a person or organization.
  • Bankruptcy. As a debt relief agency, my law firm assists those who are seeking to overcome their debts through bankruptcy and free themselves of overwhelming financial obligations.

I have also earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for professionalism and ethics as judged by attorneys familiar with my work.

Contact me when you need a Texas attorney to fight for your rights or freedom

At the Law Firm of Richard L. Ellison, P.C., I am resolute in my advocacy for my clients.  I encourage you to contact me to discuss your case as soon as possible so that I can take legal action on your behalf. To schedule an appointment at my Kerrville office, call me at 830-955-8168 or contact me online.

The latest from our blog:

Can you avoid conviction for a DUI in Texas?