Kerrville Lawyer Successfully Resolves Commercial Disputes
Texas attorney skilled at business litigation and negotiation
Legal disagreements can cause significant interruptions in the operation of a business. Whether the conflict is internal to the company or involves outside contractors or competitors, the swiftest and least costly resolution should be sought minimize any impact on profitability. The Law Firm of Richard L. Ellison, P.C. possesses more than 40 years of experience helping businesses in and around Kerrville handle dispute resolutions, both in and out of the courtroom. Whether your business is a sole proprietorship, a sizable corporation or something in between, my firm works to protect your interests and obtain the most optimal results possible under the circumstance.
Effective representation in a wide range of disputes
Businesses may face a wide variety of legal matters, but my skill as both a seasoned litigator and an adept settlement negotiator can be advantageous for business owners dealing with all manners of disputes. Common types of commercial disagreements I tackle include:
- Breach of contract — When a party alleges undelivered goods, nonadherence to specifications or other failed or inadequate performance, I work to find a path to correct the situation without upending the entire contractual relationship.
- Breach of fiduciary duty — Sometimes, one partner or group of partners believes another is not acting in the best interest of the business, giving rise to disputes between partners.
- Employment disputes —Workplace controversies can range from wage-and-hour disputes to claims of harassment, discrimination and whistleblower retaliation.
- Fraud — Business fraud claims can involve bad checks, counterfeit documents, forgery and misrepresentation.
- Corporate and partnership disputes — Disagreements can arise related to profit sharing, debt allocation, leadership, succession and other business affairs.
- Intellectual property — This includes claims of trademark and patent infringement and violations of trade secrets and nondisclosure agreements.
- Real estate — Contractual disagreements, landlord-tenant conflicts and alleged violations of zoning and building restrictions are common types of real estate disputes I handle.
- Noncompete agreements — When executives or other key employees defect and join or establish competitive companies, they may be subject to an injunction or made to pay damages.
- Tortious interference with contractual relationships — This may be thought of as a breach of contract caused by someone who is not a party. For example, a competitor may induce a key employee at another company to leave in violation of an employment agreement.
- Deceptive trade practices — A company may be hit by charges of having misled customers about its products or services through false advertising or other means.
Very often, business disputes like these are amenable to alternative dispute resolution, thereby avoiding the time delays and expenses of litigation. I have a background in using arbitration, mediation and negotiation to achieve positive results in business controversies. However, when alternative methods fall short, I am confident in my ability to take a case to a successful conclusion at trial.
Contact a Texas lawyer experienced in resolving business disputes
With almost four decades of experience, I am adept at litigating and negotiating resolutions of business-related issues. My strategic advocacy can protect your livelihood and the Texas business you have worked so hard to grow. To arrange a consultation at my Kerrville office, call the Law Firm of Richard L. Ellison, P.C. at 844-337-5819 or contact me online.