PROFESSONALISM INTEGRITY INDEPENDENCE
Welcome and thank you for visiting this website. I imagine that you, like most people who need a lawyer, are dealing with a problem – an arrest or criminal charge, financial distress, or a civil dispute involving breach of contract, personal injury, insurance claims handling, etc. People don’t usually need a lawyer when everything is going great.
To help people and businesses avoid or solve legal problems in an effective, affordable way that results in the best possible outcome. I concentrate in three main areas:
1. Criminal defense and appeals
2. Civil litigation and appeals
3. Consumer bankruptcy, creditors rights
Not so long ago disputes were settled by physical combat – the victor of the fight won the case. If you didn’t have the skill or strength to fight yourself, you hired a champion to do it for them.
Modern trials are civilized society’s way of resolving disputes. Lawyers are the champions who fight for their clients in the legal arena. A good lawyer realizes he is fighting for his client in a high stakes contest – in a criminal case your liberty, freedom and reputation are on the line. Most civil cases are disagreements over money – personal injury, contract disputes, unfair claims practices by insurance companies, deceptive trade practices, and so on. If you are a business person or professional who has been accused of some wrong, your reputation may be at stake.
I represent both plaintiffs and defendants. I worked for over 20 years in first class Houston law firms, and became board certified in civil trial law in 1999 and criminal law in 2015. I hold an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating they give, based on anonymous peer review by lawyers and judges of:
- Legal Knowledge – Lawyer’s familiarity with the laws governing his/her specific area of practice(s)
- Analytical Capabilities – Lawyer’s creativity in analyzing legal issues and applying technical knowledge
- Judgment – Lawyer’s demonstration of the salient factors that drive the outcome of a given case or issue.
- Communication Ability – Lawyer’s capability to communicate persuasively and credibly
- Legal Experience – Lawyer’s degree of experience in his/her specific area of practice(s)
I am also listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers.
Other lawyers and clients often describe me as a “bulldog,” because of my determination and tenacity to fight for my clients. At the same time, I try to act with personal dignity, integrity, and independence, and to be respectful and candid in court, and to treat adverse parties, lawyers and witnesses with respect and courtesy. I try to conform my conduct to the Texas Lawyer’s Creed – a Mandate for Professionalism.